TURNING SIGNALS

1989 Cadillac Brougham

thiroux228

November, 7, 2008 AT 7:58 PM

1989 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 131000 miles

my lwft turning signals do not work they come on but they dont flash but my right turning signals they flash but they are really sluggish someone tell me whats going on if you need anymore information i can give it to you probably

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/267926_110708_1133_1.jpg

Jacobandnickolas

November, 17, 2008 AT 8:22 PM

Hi: Either you have a bulb burned out or the flasher is bad. Do the emerg flashers work?

thiroux228

November, 19, 2008 AT 1:05 AM

Yeah man I got it fixed all it was was a bulb I thought all my lights were working then I looked in my rearview mirror and noticed the interior light not coming on telling me I had a brake light now still I do know I need to replace that flasher unit cause they are still real sluggish but so far so good got a small exhaust leak between my manifold and block I believe bad gasket I can do it just a matter of getting to it

Jacobandnickolas

November, 19, 2008 AT 9:03 AM

Hi: The worst part of the exhaust is getting to it. When you decide to replace it, make sure to unbolt the down pipe before trying to remove the manifold.

thiroux228

November, 19, 2008 AT 7:14 PM

I learned that the hard way working on my dads 1967 gto although there was more room to be able to get to everything it just threw everything off until I unbolted the downpipe then after that everything was smooth sailing but thanks man I appreciate the help ill have more questions for you well probably at least one more once I get ready I need to replace the window motor gear kit in my driver door but thats not a biggie right now my main thing is getting my engine back in proper running order

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro