1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. If equipped, disable the SRS system.
3. Detach the left instrument panel insulator.
4. Remove the left instrument panel trim pad and the steering column trim collar.
5. Unfasten the steering column upper support bracket bolts, then remove the support bracket.
6. Lower the steering column and support it safely.
7. Disconnect the wiring from the ignition switch.
8. Unfasten the ignition switch-to-steering column screws. Remove the ignition switch from the steering column.
9. Before installing, place the slider in the proper position (switch viewed with the terminals pointing up), according to the steering column and accessories:
Standard column with key release-extreme left detent
Standard column with PARK/LOCK-1 detent from extreme left
All other standard columns-2 detents from extreme left
Tilt column with key release-extreme right detent
Tilt column with PARK/LOCK-1 detent from extreme right
All other tilt columns-2 detents from extreme right
10. Install the activating rod into the switch and install the switch to the column.
Do not use oversized screws as they could impair the collapsibility of the column.
11. Connect the wiring to the ignition switch. Adjust the switch, as required.
12. Install the steering column.
13. Fasten the steering column trim collar, instrument panel trim pad and insulator.
14. If equipped, enable the SRS system.
15. Connect the negative battery cable and check the ignition switch for proper operation.
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 8:30 PM