ENGINE PERFORMANCE PROBLEM1992 BUICK ROADMASTER...

1992 Buick Roadmaster

roadmaster1992

November, 4, 2010 AT 8:05 AM

1992 Buick Roadmaster Two Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

my roadmaster will not start, I had this problem once before and I replaced the battery that was two days ago. It worked fine and then later that night after replacing the battery it started cutting off in reverse so I replaced the plugs and wires. I drove to the store after replacing the plugs and wires and the car would not start again. Could this be the starter or the altenator or does it sound more like something else? Just bought the car and already have 2500 into between the purchase and repairs need to know what I am getting myself into

Wrenchtech

November, 4, 2010 AT 8:07 AM

You would probably save a lot of money if you started doing more testing and less throwing parts at it. The first thing that needs to be done is to completely recharge the battery and then test the battery and charging system voltage.

roadmaster1992

November, 4, 2010 AT 8:14 AM

Its hard to do testing on it because I cant get the car to start to take it to get it tested and when I do get it to start that does not last for long. I did not get the battery that was on the car recharged I bought a brand new battery two days ago so I am not seeing how it could be the battery already

Wrenchtech

November, 4, 2010 AT 8:16 AM

OK, you can continue to do it your way then.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test