CAR CUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING

• Bishopotis
  • BUICK RIVIERA

I have a 1987 buick Lesabere V-6 engine when I drive car and it gets hot it cuts off i'll try to start it it won't start but i'll wait 5 to 7 min. And it'll start and run. Now I change ignition module, ignition coil, new fuel pump, fuel pressure valve, fuel filter, but it still does the same thing could you help me?I've heard the crank sensor could be bad, so if this is a possibility or if it could be something else please write me and let me know soon as possible. Thank You Otis Bishop

Wednesday, May 9th, 2007 AT 4:46 PM

• Done

When you say it gets hot, what do you mean? The engine is at operating temp? The engine is HOT (ie overheating)? The outside air temp is hot? You're getting hot?

Thursday, May 17th, 2007 AT 10:47 AM
  • Bishopotis

No not over-heating regular engine temp. But I fixed it it was the ignition control module or the crank sensor I changed them both now its runnin fine.

Thursday, May 17th, 2007 AT 8:18 PM
  • Madran34

Check your crankshaft sensor. My car did the same thing and since I had it changed I have had no problems with it

Saturday, June 9th, 2007 AT 1:58 PM