2003 BUICK RENEZVOUS HEATER BLOWS OUT COLD AIR?

• JeffSchmitz
  • 2003 BUICK RIVIERA

My cars heater blows out cold air?

It's a 2003 Buick Renezvous. The engine temperature is normal, but when I turn the heat on I get cold air. If I'm driving it sometimes blows out semi-warm air, but if I'm sitting still it is cold air. Any suggestions?

Thursday, October 12th, 2006 AT 11:57 PM

• JSczynski

2003 buick Renezvous. If it has the 3.4l 3400v6 I can almost guarentee you it's the heater core. I had a 2001 Pontiac Grand am with the 3.4l it had 24,000 miles on it and it needed a heater core because I was getting ice cold air when the heat was on. Warning be sure to get the radiator flushed when replacing the heater core. Also make sure they use dex cool. Hope this helps!

Friday, October 13th, 2006 AT 8:05 PM
  • Idriveatitliest

How many miles do you have on rendezvous? Between 60 and 80,000 the intake gasket will go out. Dex-cool in your vehicle is a major problem. It gums up more vehicles than anything I know.

Wednesday, December 13th, 2006 AT 9:30 PM
  • Xowey

8) start by making sure that the radiator is full, if it is. The thermostat would be the cheapest and easiest thing to try,
:wink: I agree that the intake gaskets are common to leak on these engines also.

Wednesday, December 13th, 2006 AT 10:04 PM
  • Service Writer

:)

Sunday, December 24th, 2006 AT 10:23 PM