2006 Buick Rendezvous Brake ride or drop may be to excessiv

BASEBALLBLEACHERS
  • 2006 BUICK RENDEZVOUS
  • AWD
After installing new pad (top ray bestos pads) I noticed the from point of engagement of brake pedal to friction point seems to be a longer drop or ride. Please help. Thank you.

Darrel
Friday, January 16th, 2009 AT 10:25 AM

SERVICE WRITER
What did you do with the rotors?

If they aren't turned or replaced, they will not be making full contact and increasng the stopping distance. Everything was cleaned and lubed right? Nothing was stiff. Piston. Slide pins. Etc.

No bleeding was done, correct?
Friday, January 16th, 2009 AT 7:38 PM
BASEBALLBLEACHERS
Yes we did turn the rotors and lube piston and slides. I had added some extra brake fluid a couple of days before the brake job because the fluid looked low. It seems I added to much, because when we tried to finish the job the rubber diaphram kept collapsingand. So we evacuated more fluid and finally it seemed ok. We never did bleed the system. So do you think the adding and evacuating was a cause for air getting in the line and causing our problem since we didn't bleed the sys.? Thanks

Darrel
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 2:33 PM
SERVICE WRITER
I think the ABS module needs to be exercised. Since the lines wern't breeched, air shouldn't be in there from a brake job. I'm not sure if htat by compressing the pistons and forcing fluid back into the unit is what happens or what the reasoning, but we just had one that we had to do like that.

The scanner is hooked up and a procedure is run to function it. After that it was fine. I don't have any warnings about potential problems, but I've had it happen.
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 6:58 PM