REMOTE ENTRY NOT WORKING

Buick Regal

krystal1975

November, 8, 2007 AT 2:25 PM

I have a 2000 Buick Regal LS. It has a remote entry with lock, unlock, trunk, and an alarm button. I have always used the remote to open the car and never the key. This morning, I was unable to open the car using the remote. I then tried opening the door with the key and that did not work. I wasn't able to unlock the trunk with the key either. The key and remote I have are the originals from the dealer for the car, and I have never had a problem opening or starting the car before. I also noticed that the CD that was in the CD player had been ejected. My first thought was that I needed to replace the battery in the key chain remote, but when I wasn't able to open any of the locks with the key and I saw the CD out, I thought maybe it was a bigger issue. Any ideas?

fisherman

November, 8, 2007 AT 3:06 PM

Hello !

Could be that you left something " on" and the battery get drained.

Thats why the remote entry its not working. Its sending the signal but the solenoids can t actuate (because of the dead battery)

Let us Know and Good Luck!

krystal1975

November, 8, 2007 AT 3:23 PM

Do you have any idea why my key won't work in the door locks?

fisherman

November, 8, 2007 AT 3:32 PM

Hello !

Could be a different key for ignition and for the doors.

Its turning?

Or wont fit in to the lock?

If fit and turn probably the locks are battery operated.

Let me know!

Replace Keyless Door Entry