AIR CONDITIONING WORKING BACKWARDS

2003 Buick Regal

lessie.handy

March, 8, 2010 AT 9:34 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Buick Regal 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 10O3 miles

My air conditioner doesn't work when I get in my car and turn it on. My son was just playing with it one day and he did something to turn it on but the Service engine soon light came on and it will stay on all the time I have it on without any problem but when he put it back the way it suppose to be it won't work. I called him and this is what he said he did: Disconnected the coolant sensor and clutch relay to engage the compressor. I hope I said it correctly. He said the compressor will not engage otherwise.

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

March, 8, 2010 AT 12:19 PM

Hi, thanks for the donation. I'd get the trouble codes checked, manufacturer specific as well as generic.

Check the wiring circuits at the compressor clutch, for voltage and ground. Unplugging the connector allows something to reset. When the pcm receives a request from havc control, it grounds the coil side of clutch relay, the relay sends voltage to compressor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_regal_ac_1.jpg

March, 10, 2010 AT 2:34 PM

I saw your new post on the public forum. I'm not sure what your asking? If you stay on the original post, I'll receive an email notice that your asking another question. If you make a new post, I won't know it, except by accident.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement