1998 Buick Park Avenue Water is just coming out by the inta

  • 6 CYL
  • FWD
  • 175,000 MILES
A tube that runs from my water pump up through something else and then into my intake manifold is leaking around where it inserts into the manifold. I'm working how to repair this. A parts supplier told me to get a replacement tube which will include a new O ring or some kind of seal I would have to purchase the water pump. Do I have to remove the intake manifold or intake manifold cover to remove this tube? I'm not sure how it's fastened or sealed. I've never removed one. How hard of a job is this? What car manual would you suggest? Does this mean my intake manifold is bad? The car starts and runs fine. No problems driving, doesn't smoke, no water in the oil the only issue I'm having is the water is escaping at an alarming rate. I can start it and run it for 5 minutes after filling the radiator and reserve with water and the reserve will be empty and the radiator shows lose of water. I put a pressurizer on it and the only place it leak is this spot I mentioned. Somebody that knows what I'm talking about please enlighten me or point me in the right direction with links or suggestions on manuals. I'm clueless and can barely afford the parts needed to fix it let alone the labor. Any suggestions or responses of any type are much appriciated. Thank you for your time.
Do you
have the same problem?
Thursday, October 9th, 2008 AT 12:17 AM

1 Reply

You shouldnt have to remove the intake to replace it. Go to the dealer and they will have one along with the necessary o'rings to make it happen.I cant find any instruction in mitchell anywhere. I do know what you are talking about, and I dont think it is a problem to replace. I did find it in thelabor guide and it pays 1.5 hours, so it may be a little more work than you expect
Was this
Thursday, October 9th, 2008 AT 8:19 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides