FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS AND/OR HUB
* Tools Required:
* J 28733-B Front Hub Spindle Remover
* Or Equivalent
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT
1. Raise vehicle and suitably support by frame allowing control arms to hang free.
2. Wheel and tire.
O Clean drive axle threads of all dirt and lubricate.
3. Drive axle nut. Insert drift punch or screwdriver into caliper and rotor to prevent rotor from turning.
4. Caliper bolts; support caliper.
6. ABS front wheel speed sensor connector, and unclip from dust shield.
7. Hub and bearing retaining bolts and dust shield.
8. Place transmission in "PARK".
9. Using J 28733-B, separate hub and bearing from drive axle.
Important: Hub and bearing are replaced only as an assembly.
* Clean rust and foreign material from knuckle mounting face, bore and chamfer to allow proper seating of bearing into knuckle.
INSTALL OR CONNECT
1. Hub and bearing to drive axle. Apply a light coating of grease to the knuckle bore. If the new hub and bearing has a protective plastic cover, remove it before installation. Also, DO NOT handle the knuckle or hub assembly by the ABS sensor wire.
2. New drive axle nut and draw hub and bearing onto axle.
3. Place transmission in "NEUTRAL".
4. Dust shield, taking care not to damage the bearing outboard lip seal; hub and bearing bolts.
O Tighten hub and bearing bolts to 95 Nm (70 ft. Lbs.).
5. ABS front wheel speed sensor connector and clip to dust shield.
7. Caliper, and tighten caliper bolts.
O Tighten caliper bolts to 51 Nm (38 ft. Lbs.).
8. Insert drift punch or screwdriver into caliper and rotor to prevent rotor from turning.
O Tighten drive axle nut to 145 Nm (107 ft. Lbs.).
9. Wheel and tire.
O Tighten wheel nuts to 140 Nm (100 ft. Lbs.).
10. Lower vehicle.
Saturday, September 11th, 2010 AT 1:21 PM