REPLACE A CRANKSHAFT SENSOR. ON 95 3.8L

1995 Buick Lesabre

nutsandbolts

August, 26, 2007 AT 8:36 PM

What tools do I need to take out the crank pulley nut off. And how to take the nut off without the shaft rotating. Do I need special tools to do this the nut is on very tight !
Code scanner reads 18x interrupts lost signal (P0321)

taser1984

October, 26, 2007 AT 9:52 AM

I've seen the bolt removed with just an impact wrench. If you take the passenger side wheel off there's a little access door in the wheel well so you can get to the side of the pulley. When my sensor went, I took mine to a shop. It was only about an hour of labor, which is $65 at the shop I use, and to me was well worth it. Which is rare to me because I do almost everything myself.

tccc143

November, 8, 2007 AT 7:11 PM

No need to worry about the shaft turning. Get a harmonic balancer puller. The best way to keep it from turning is using channel locks on the flywheel to keep it from moving. (Remove the passenger tire) Once the pulley is off the crank shaft sensor is right behind it. When you put the new one in some buick models require an air gap between the sensor and the pulley. Should take less than an hour to complete. Be sure to check the torque requirements when putting the harmonic balancer back on.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz