DE-PRESSURIZING FUEL SYSTEM- 94

1994 Buick Lesabre

94Lesabre

May, 12, 2007 AT 12:38 PM

Re: '94 Buick Lesabre, 3.8l with 150,000 miles.
i have a gas leak in the engine compartment.
all my books say to de-pressurize the system first before repairing by " pulling the fuel pump fuse".
there is no fuel pump fuse in the fuse block IN the car.
there is no fuse specifically labelled fuel pump in the " power centre" under the hood.
there are, however, 6 circuit breakers located under the fuses in the " power centre", but not labelled at all.
is one of these what I need to pull in order to depressurize the system?
if so, which one?
HELP!
Thank-you.

done

May, 17, 2007 AT 11:54 AM

Relieving pressure done with couple steps: 1)remove gas cap to relieve tank pressure
2)if you can't find the fuse/breaker, then just disconnect the battery. That will achieve the same effect. This is more to prevent accidental starting of the pump while servicing the system.
3) wrap a towel around the fitting you're loosening to prevent 'squirt' from hitting you in the face.

Once 3) is accomplished, pressure is released.

taser1984

October, 26, 2007 AT 10:20 AM

You've probably fixed this by now, but for the future reference of you and others, there is another fuse block on the passenger side of the interior. To get to it you have to take down the black plastic sound insulator under the dash. It's on the extreme right and not too hard to find after that. The fuse for the fuel pump is on that block.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe