92

1992 Buick Lesabre

donwon58

May, 9, 2007 AT 1:23 PM

3.8 Engine runs great 132000 miles. It just started getting warm outside (80 degrees plus) While driving the engine will just off like I turned it off, no sputter, shimmy, or noise. Anywhere from one minute to 5 minutes it starts up fine. It will either run fine or do it a couple more times. Im thinking either one of the 3 coil packs (one has already been replaced, months before problem) or the crank positioning sensor. My question is if it was the crank sensor wouldn't turn on the service engine light?

Service Writer

May, 12, 2007 AT 4:30 PM

Crank sensor doesn't always light up the CEL, not to say it may be cracked. I doublt the coil pack as you would more likley have a misfire and or stumble present.

I would lean toward cleaning the IAC and EGR valves. But before doing that, unplug the MAP sensor and drive it. If the same plug it back in and umplug the MAF sensor and drive it. If symptoms go away when one is unplugged, you have your bad part.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet