Working from the trunk.
1. Locate and remove the 2 retaining knobs (doohickeys that you fasten
the trunk cargo net to) on each side that hold the hard plastic trunk
liner to the rear light assemblies.
2. Move the plastic plate that holds the spare tire back away from the
plastic trunk liner. This releases the bottom of the plastic piece.
3. With a large screw driver, pry the long plastic piece that goes
from side to side by prying up from the bumper. It's held in place by
some push in holders. Remove the large plastic piece.
4. Locate the 5 studs (threaded posts) on each light assembly. Three
will be located vertically in a line, and the other two will be
5. Using a 10 mm socket remove 4 of the 5 nuts fastening the light
assembly to the body. DO NOT remove the lowest nut of the 3 in a
vertical line as this does not fasten the light assembly to the car.
6. Hand pull the light assembly from the car body.
7. Remove the bad lamp. Twist lamp socket and pull out of assembly.
Pull the lamp and replace with a # 194.
8. If replacing a tail lamp replace with a #3057 (book says #3357).
9. Test light prior to reassembly.
10. Ensure gasket material for assembly and studs is intact. This
keeps water/dust out and dampens movement (prevents rattling and
increases the life of the lamps).
11. Use reverse instruction for reassembly
Wednesday, June 9th, 2010 AT 10:30 PM