2002 Buick Lesabre Shaking at 70

BUICKLESABRE
  • 2002 BUICK LESABRE
Car shakes at 70 MPH. Once above 75 the shaking pretty much stops. This shaking is the entire car, not in the steering wheel. Everyone in the car feels it, change in the change holder shakes. Have had tires replaced, have had the struts replaced. When at 70 put into nuetral and still shakes.
Sunday, March 28th, 2010 AT 9:25 AM

LEGITIMATE007
Yes, I suspect a bad alignment, possibly ball joints and sway bar and sway bar links. May not be all but I would say a compination of two of these suspects is your problem, best thing to do at this point is do a good safety inspection on the suspension and undercarriage to determine which of these are your problem. I wouldnt get overly nervous about it, but yes it should be addressed.
+1
Sunday, March 28th, 2010 AT 11:09 AM
BUICKLESABRE
This has been going on for several years and I have had alignments done. I assume ball joints and CV joints are the same thing. Every thing I have read points me to these.
Sunday, March 28th, 2010 AT 1:49 PM
LEGITIMATE007
I understand, and you also have the tie rods could be faulty, inner tierods, also control arm bushings, whoever is doing these inspections, are not doing them very well or are using very poor parts.
-1
Sunday, March 28th, 2010 AT 9:38 PM
BUICKLESABRE
I have the same problem with my 2002 LeSabre, at 70 mph, no less no more. I always have. I have replaced both front axles, sway bar linkage, tierods, muliple alignments and new tires. BuickLesabre is right. The shaking is not in the steering wheel at all, it is in the seat, it is the whole car. I am begining to think it might be from the back wheels. I notice when going straight, very slowly (10mph) on a smooth road the car woobles side to side.
-1
Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 AT 10:09 PM