2002 Buick Lesabre dash heater control removal

HENRYP
  • 2002 BUICK LESABRE

Interior problem
2002 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

What is the trick to removing the HVAC lever control unit from the dashboard. One of the luminating lights ( LED's) burnt out, and I would like to fix it or replace the unit.

Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 3:45 PM

DENNYP

HVAC Control Module Replacement
Removal Procedure
Remove the right instrument panel accessory trim plate. Refer to Instrument Panel Accessory Trim Plate Replacement - Right Side in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Pinch the tabs on the A/C control module and pull rearward on the HVAC control module to remove from the instrument panel.
Installation Procedure

Important: The ignition must be in the OFF position when installing the HVAC control module to ensure proper actuator calibration.

Install the HVAC control module into the instrument panel ensuring the tabs are seated into the instrument panel.
Install the right instrument panel accessory trim plate. Refer to Instrument Panel Accessory Trim Plate Replacement - Right Side in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.
Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted improper HVAC performance will result.

The engine must be running for proper calibration to occur.

Start the engine and let run for one minute.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/102900_443866_1.jpg

-1
Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 9:51 PM
PROCHARLIE

I have a 2002 LeSabre Limited with a HVAC module that appears not to be operating well. The blend doors will not change when I press the AIR FLOW button, and none of the illuminating lights for the buttons are working, and every time I start the car I have to push the control to OFF then AUTO to get it to come on again. My question is: are all the controls for the HVAC contained withing this module that can be pulled out of the dash easily, or are there other controls somewhere under the dash that control the various vents and the lights in the module? I think the blend doors on this car are all electrically actuated, unlike most other cars that use vacuum actuators - is this correct?
I appreciate any help/advice before I look for a replacement module.

Sunday, January 29th, 2017 AT 3:17 PM
DOCFIXIT

HVAC module is expensive @$ 700 Take to buick dealer have it scanned it will be worth the check out fee to find out what is the problem. Post what they find and will advise

Monday, January 30th, 2017 AT 12:52 PM