LICENSE PLATE BULB

2001 Buick Lesabre

leftyed

November, 24, 2008 AT 7:35 PM

2001 Buick Lesabre

A friend brought his car by (2001 Buick LeSabre). He wanted me to change one of two license plate bulbs.
I couldn't figure out how to get to the bulb to change it. Will I have to remove the entire tail light assembly? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

autotech04

November, 24, 2008 AT 8:28 PM

Yes u will need to removed the complete tail light assembly! If u move the trunk interior trim away from the trunk striker from 1 end to the other! There is some [plastic retaining nuts holding it in place ! Once removed it should come right out with a little work

I hope this helps you !

leftyed

November, 25, 2008 AT 7:18 AM

I think I failed to mention that the tail light assembly is in
the trunk lid. Is the striker the latch?
Thanks again.

autotech04

November, 25, 2008 AT 6:35 PM

The same applies to the trunk lid ! There is about 7 or 8 retaining nuts holding it on ! Remove them & it should just pop out !

kbgolfnut

November, 30, 2008 AT 7:21 PM

There are 7, #10 nuts in side on the trunk lid. After you take those out the tail light assembly will pull out. 1/2 turn plastic socket will come out. Just changed mine last week, about a 15 min. Job. Hope this helps. Kenny

Replace License Plate Bulb
License Plate Bulb Fix Chevrolet Silverado
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape