2000 Buick Lesabre Ignition?

PAT YEAMAN
  • 2000 BUICK LESABRE
After 3 attempts to get the problem fixed w/our personel mechanic, the problem is still happening. He says it is the ignition, and has put in a dummy switch under the dash to start the car with when turning the key don't work. But even the dummy switch has failed to work the last time it refuse to turn over. The battery has been tested-fully charged. Fuses have been checked and a complete overhaul done. If it is the wiring in the console for the switch, is that something I can do myself, or required by by a mechanic. What would the cost be? Or would there be another reason tthat would be cause the problems I have decrided? HELP!
Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 AT 6:00 PM

Hi:
My guess is he switch needs replaced with a new one. I'm not sure what he did to give you the button, but I hope he hasn't damaged the wiring. Because of the involvement, I would recommend having it done by a qualified mechanic. My biggest concern is the air bag.

Thursday, November 27th, 2008 AT 9:51 PM
DENNYP
Do you have a flashing security lamp on the cluster when the vehicle doe not start?
+3
Friday, November 28th, 2008 AT 8:27 PM