1996 BUICK LESABRE 3800 - HEATER HOSE RPLACEMENT

• JDHindery
  • 1996 BUICK LESABRE

I have a 1996 Buick LeSabre with 92K miles and a 3800 engine with automatic transmission and a/c.

I'm trying to replace the heater hoses and cannot get to the tension hose clamps where the hoses attach to the heater core through the fire wall. I've already removed the cover that covers the relay pannel. Its a tight fit and I can hardly get my hand in there much less a pair of pliers.

Is it possible to remove these clamps without removing the relay pannel, a/c and heater ducts? If so, what's the secret?

Wednesday, July 4th, 2007 AT 12:28 PM

• Klampet

My best way is to use a die grinder with a cutting wheel and cut the clamps, pry off with a screwdriver, then cut the hose with a razor knife & pry off with a screwdriver. All this being careful, no room to work. Many cars are like this, no room for more than your hand.

Saturday, August 18th, 2007 AT 1:46 PM
  • Tccc143

I have had the same problem with my 94 lesabre. I found that if you remove the passenger tire and go from the fender well in, you can reach these pretty easy.

Thursday, November 8th, 2007 AT 7:40 PM