1993 Buick Lesabre

SINSAN1
  • 1993 BUICK LESABRE
1993 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

batter light on. Had battery charged. Battery did not hold charge. Bought a diehard, battery light still on. Put in alternator. Battery light still on. Car can drive for a few miles and then die, battery not holding a charge. My mechanic found a wire that was causing the problem. Fixed it. Still having same problem. Mechanic worked on trying to find electrical problem and cannot.

this is my sons car, he had a stereo system put in with a amp, thats when problems began. Was told by a friend that it could be one of the wires running under the seat some where causing the problem.

do you have any suggestions on what I should be looking for or having done?

thank you very much
Sandy
Tuesday, July 7th, 2009 AT 9:38 AM

Sandy,

This is a tough one because I have no idea what they did when they installed the amps. There is a fuseable link between the alt and the battery that may have gone bad as a result of too much power being demanded from the alt, but I would think that is the one your mechanic checked. As him if that was it, and let me know what you find.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 10:13 PM