BANGING NOISE UNDER HOOD, RUNNING ROUGH

Buick Century

joyv256

My neighbor changed my plugs and wires for me, 1992 Buick Century with 145,000 miles on it. He did one at a time and gapped them right, I watched him do this. The car now is hard to start, idles very rough, there's a loud banging noise that I can't see where its coming from and car stalls when I try to drive it.

Service Writer

Was the problem present beofre the work?

joyv256

January, 3, 2007 AT 10:23 AM

No the car ran smooth, idle was good, couldn't even hear it run. Just wanted to get a tune up and this happened.

xowey

It sure sounds like the wires are on wrong.? Is it a 4 or 6 cylender?

Service Writer

It is so easy to cross a couple wires. I'll second that thought. IT is hard to imagine anything else based on before and after.

joyv256

It is a 6 cyl. If one or more wires did get crossed how will I know what order they do go in? If it is the wires then its the 3 front small one those are the ones I didn't stand and watch him do. How would I find out the firing order ( someone told me that's what it is) but I don't know what that is, is that the wired order?

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT