1999 Buick Century

1999 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

Just bought this car. The gas gauge doesn't work. All other gauges work. How do I fix the gas gauge? Heater/ac fan only works on the high setting. What's up with that? Heater and ac work. Fan works but only on high. I replaced the (Buse) fuses. Keyless remote won't work. I've replaced the battery still nothing. Got a fix for that?

Friday, March 12th, 2010 AT 2:11 PM

Replace the resistor on the heater unit. Replace the fuel tank sender/module.

NOTE:Following procedure must be performed when replacing Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) or either transmitter.

Method 1 (No Tools Required)
Once entering this procedure, programing the first transmitter erases all previous transmitters. You must program all transmitters. Program one vehicle at a time. One transmitter could be programmed into other vehicles that are also in program mode in close proximity.
In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the old and new transmitters into the memory of the remote control door lock receiver. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed.
Sit in the driver's seat.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Close all vehicles doors.
Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. Do not rotate the ignition lock cylinder.
Insert the ignition key a third time leaving the key in the ignition lock cylinder. The ignition must remain in the lock position for the rest of the procedure.
Release the door lock switch. You will hear three chimes. This chime feedback indicates that transmitter programming is active.
Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This chime feedback indicates that the transmitter has been programed successfully.
See step8 for programming the rest of the transmitters (for a total of 4 transmitters).
Exit this procedure by removing the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 AT 10:25 AM