WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP

1998 Buick Century

cjoko

November, 8, 2010 AT 3:52 PM

1998 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My windshield washer pump stopped working. I installed a new one and still no help. I've put a voltmeter to the connector and when I activate the washer from the switch, I get 12V at the connector. I also applied 12V directly to the pump and that works but when I plug the connector to the pump there is nothing.

Docfixit

November, 8, 2010 AT 3:59 PM

Chck the ground at connector

November, 8, 2010 AT 4:02 PM

Do you think the washer lines might be clogged? If problem is electrical, maybe connector is faulty? In the diagram, red wire is voltage, black is ground,

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_windshield_washer_pump_1.jpg

SPORTZNUT24

January, 16, 2011 AT 12:11 AM

I have the same problem as cjoko. I also jumped the pump and it works fine. I followed the wires as far as I could see them from the pump. I was wondering where they lead after they combine with the main wire harness or is there a seperate fuse for the washer pump and the wiper motor?

You have a 98 buick century? It would be best to make a new post.

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera