O2 SENSORS

1994 Buick Century

jjblue

Engine problem
1994 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 145, 00 miles

problem was with my car with stalling all the time and poor gas consumption. (3800) 02 sensor showed up on scanner w one-wire O2 sensor like it was called for-still stalled and check engine light was still on. Put in 4-wire sensor and it runs beautiful! (Front 02 sensor). What's up with that? I thought they didn't use them till 96-maybe my car is newer than I thoought?

BMRFIXIT

How did you plug 4 wire sensor in one wire plug?

jjblue

That's a good question : ) : I didn't do it-I will ask him. I t was running great for 2 weeks, but now I have another problem with it skipping (bucking) and serging forward. After the 02 sensor was put in-it ran beautiful-no stalling and no gas guzzling. I'm almost ready to give up. I just can't buy another car unlessI get this one right to sell it. Thank you!

jjblue

Also, I was told that this is a california car so their emmisions stuff is different?

BMRFIXIT

What about the MASS air flow sensor and the coolant sensor
try to unplug that o2 sensor and try it

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast