1. Get a new cable. Probably this requires a trip to the dealer rather than your local parts store.
2. Remove the front grille. Torx fasteners are inside the corners.
3. You should now be able to reach in and pull the latch lever to open the hood. Remove the old cable.
4. Remove the clip on the end of the latch lever to install the end of the new cable. This was the tricky part, as I recall. Route the new cable to the firewall and through it. There should be a rubber plug-in thingie for the hole.
5. Inside the car, fish the other end of the cable through its guide and slip it into the slot on the back of the latch handle.
Checking again, I see Advance Auto does have one for $35. It has the handle attached, so maybe you need to install the cable sleeve first inside the engine compartment and then the cable through it from the inside. I just don't remember for sure.
Thursday, July 10th, 2008 AT 12:12 PM