Brakes

MARCUS FALLEN-ANGEL MORLOCK
  • 2001 SATURN SC2
Last week I blew through my rear bake lines. So I replaced them. Then I went to bleed. I followed the procedure (right rear, left front, left rear, rear front) and only the rear rear and left front were building pressure. The right front and left rear were getting a little fluid but no pressure. So I took the lines off and blew them out with my compressor to make sure there were no blockages. Tried bleeding again still nothing. So I figured it might be my master cylinder. So I got a new one, I had to bleed it on the car because I did not have a vice to bench bleed it. Put it back in and still same problem. I am completely stumped.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 9:04 PM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have abs on your car?
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 9:51 PM
MARCUS FALLEN-ANGEL MORLOCK
Non abs.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 9:53 PM
SATURNTECH9
You should be bleeding right rear, left rear, right front, left front, that is the proper bleeding sequence.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 9:56 PM
MARCUS FALLEN-ANGEL MORLOCK
I have tried bleeding that way too.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 9:58 PM
SATURNTECH9
If you have a new master then it should bleed no problem. What caused the lines to blow out? Also did the rubber or the steel line blow out?
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 10:00 PM
MARCUS FALLEN-ANGEL MORLOCK
Somebody pulled out in front of me causing me to slam on brakes. And the metal broke because it was rusted.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 10:02 PM
SATURNTECH9
Maybe you have more damage from the rust then you realize. Sounds like its sucking air from somewhere. You are going to have to dig deeper and find out what else is damaged.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 10:13 PM
MARCUS FALLEN-ANGEL MORLOCK
I may have to. Can you tell me the proper way to bleed the master. Because it is a four port system?
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 10:15 PM
SATURNTECH9
Most new master cylinders these days I have gotten have four plugs that screw into the ports. Then you fill it with fluid and pump the master master with a screw driver until it gets to hard to pump it. No vice needed, the masters I got even came with the plugs and Instructions how to do it. Other wise you can buy the nipples with hoses and install the nipples and hoses with the ends of the hoses into the master. Then pump the master until no more bubbles form in the fluid in the master while pumping the master.
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 AT 10:32 PM