Hi, I am experiencing two lighting issues with my 2002 Isuzu Rodeo. I am detailing all steps of what happened below:
1) I was alerted that my left brake light went out a few months ago. Since I drive infrequently, I did not attempt to change it until a few days ago. I ordered a spare brake light (part #1157) from RockAuto. Com by searching for my year and model. When I received the bulbs, I installed the new brake light bulb into the left tail light housing.
2) When I turned my lights on, the left brake light which I just installed looked much brighter than the right tail light. When tapping the brake, only the right light light up when the brakes were on; the left light stayed continuously bright.
3) At this same time, when I checked my turn signals, my right blinker flashed at the correct pace but my left turn signal began blinking twice as fast. This was the first time this issue has ever occurred. When I kept the left turn signal on, I noticed that my rear turn signal on the left side now is no longer blinking.
4) I then replaced the right brake lamp with the new brake lamp. After doing this and turning the lights on, both brake lights looked brighter than they should be. The turn signal issue remained the same.
5) I then put the original brake lamps in again. The lamp that looked defective (a little smoky color) is still in the left housing. The right lamp is now demonstrating the correct brightness and is getting brighter when the brake pedal is pressed. The left lamp still shows a continuously bright light. And the turn signal issue still remains.
I'm looking for advice on how to identify the problem whether it is a bulb issue or something else. I have never really worked on my car before but know how to replace the brake lamps so am a novice. Any tips on how to test and fix the issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
have the same problem?
Sunday, June 16th, 2013 AT 7:34 PM