No brakes loss of brake fluid

SYNTHESIST
  • 1991 CHEVROLET TRUCK
  • RWD
Brake pedal suddenly went to floor, roadway had heavy trail of brake fluid.
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 8:03 AM

Check for a broken line may be under vehicle or against front cross-member. Check rubber hose above axle first then ones in front.
+1
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 10:03 AM
SYNTHESIST
Thanks will do
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 AT 7:40 AM
KEN
Here is a guide that can help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/brake-pedal-goes-to-the-floor

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken
Thursday, April 20th, 2017 AT 1:36 PM
SYNTHESIST
Master cylinder needs replacing - thanks you all Fred
Sunday, April 30th, 2017 AT 7:50 AM
KEN
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, May 1st, 2017 AT 1:44 PM
CIBERSLIM
  • 1991 CHEVROLET TRUCK
Brakes problem
1991 Chevy Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200, 00 miles

Front calipers stuck while we were driving down the road and the brake pedal was really hard to press. Replaced calipers, pads, master cylinder & wheel cylinders; now there is no pedal, brakes have been bled enough to know that this is not the problem and I don't know where else to look. Anything would help. This is my sons truck and he is getting his license on 7/15 and we need to get this fixed. PLEASE
Monday, May 1st, 2017 AT 1:47 PM (Merged)
BLACKOP555
Was the master cylinder bench bleed/ how about the metering valve? Abs valve?

Bleed in the order rear passanger side, rear driver, frotn passanger, front driver side.

Do that after bleeding those listed first.
JBURTON35
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I have a Sierra pick up truck and I have a brake problem that no one can seem to solve. The pedal goes all the way to the floor. I have spent over $1,000.00 so far and still no fix. Took it to Firestone then they sent it to the dealer. It has been over thirty days and they still cannot get it to brake. Almost whole new brake system, rotor cylinders, pads break lines you name it.
Try bleeding ABS unit manually before bleeding brakes normally. If this does not work find someone who has a tech 1 tool with the appropriate cartridge to do it. Your best bet is to rent a power bleeder to do this and it will take a ton of fluid. Do with ignition off. See pictures instructions are on second picture.
JOHNPHUFNAGEL
  • 1993 CHEVROLET TRUCK
Brakes problem
1993 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my brakes go almost to the floor like there is air in the system, brake light comes on but if I pump the peddle it go's out
I bled the brakes with no luck
replaced the master cylinder and bled the brakes again with no change in the brake peddle or the light does the same thing as the old one
there is no leaks in the lines
brakes pads and shoes are good
I dont want to replace any parts that are not bad

any idea's
thanks john
Does it have an ABS unit? Did you bleed it after the M/C and in sequence
JOHNPHUFNAGEL
I got it fixed opend all bleeders and let it drip for a half hour and refilled and they work now thanks
MIKEYDUD1987
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRUCK
Hello I am driving a manual transmission 1994 chevy with about 225000 miles. About a week ago I did a oil change on my car, but instead of using 10w40 is used 5w30 as "indicated" by my oil cap. I drove it for about 3 days and noticed that when starting in first gear I put force on the gas pedal but I dont go very fast. When I try to reach higher RPM's my engine shakes, rather violently. It does the same thing in 2, 3, 4, and 5 gears. I changed the oil, putting in 10w40, and the car ran a little bit better, but still basically the same thing. I notice when I play with the clutch while accelerating I can improve speeds, but still I get that terrible shaking. There have been no stalling problems, nor startup problems, just when I drive it usually goes 1st gear up til 10 mph, then 2nd gear up til 20 mph, then 3rd gear up until hopefully around 35 mph, and 4th gear till about 45 mph. In 5th gear it requires almost pedal to the floor to accelerate. My thought is that something is either off with my timing or a tune-up is needed.
Also, if this helps at all, yesterday on my way home from work I was able to get my rpm's in first gear up really high really fast by playing with the clutch, and after I shifted into second gear everything seemed like normal! But unfortunatly as soon as I stopped to make a turn at a light, everything went back to normal (bad normal). Im really concerned because ive been flying through a weeks worth of gas in like 2 days, and ive been skeptical about going to a mechanic because its a old piece of crap that they might try to hit me up for parts I dont need.
Any input is certainly appreciated! Thanks!
Mike
MIKEYBDMAN
I am affraid that a mechanic may be your best bet. It doesnt sound as simple as a tune up with all of the details you gave.
Your oil change should not have anything to do with your symptoms unless you spilled oil on your ignition parts.
With you playing with the clutch to get it to go, it sounds moe like it is either a transmission or clutch issue. It may be a coil pack or something that has gone bad. But an engine diagnosis machine will tell the tell.
Find a mechanic that you trust, and see what he says. Most shops that replace parts for no reason get bad reps and dont last that long. Mechanics get popular by repeat business and referrals.