Both brake lights not working but centrail boot brake light is.

LORDJUBBLY
  • 2002 VAUXHALL ASTRA
Hi I have recently found out that both my rear brake lights are not working. The central LED brake light in the back windscreen works when the brake pedal is pressed down though.
I have checked bulbs and they are fine. I have checked fuse and that is fine. My next part was the switch but was told that it may be the wiring or circuits for the brake lights.
Can anyone please give me any idea as to where I start looking for the fault? Many thanks
Sunday, March 16th, 2014 AT 3:57 AM

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
First, I doublecheck those Bulbs to make sure that they are in fact good. Buy a couple of new bulbs and try them. Sometimes bad bulbs will look perfectly fine. If that does not work use a test light to make sure that there is power to the brake light sockets with someone pushing on the brake pedal. Obviously the brake switch works because the third brake light lights up
Sunday, March 16th, 2014 AT 7:15 AM