BOGGING AND HESITATING

1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette

mattrugdr

May, 25, 2013 AT 7:38 AM

My van is hesitating and bogging under acceleration. Fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and wires have been replaced. The transmission was recently rebuilt. There is also a slight whistling noise coming from the engine at idle and at high rpm, like when it is about to shift. I'm out of ideas for this thing. It really feels like it's not getting enough fuel. Sometimes it runs just fine, others it doesn't seem to get the fuel necessary to go, or maybe too much fuel to go.

Wrenchtech

May, 25, 2013 AT 8:20 AM

Check engine light coming on?
If so, post the code numbers here.

Also post what the fuel pressure is when this happens.

mattrugdr

May, 25, 2013 AT 8:24 AM

No check engine light. Hooked up an OBD2 reader, and through enhanced DTC, I got a knock sensor code. Replaced that and no change.

Wrenchtech

May, 25, 2013 AT 9:27 AM

What was the exact code number?
Did it come back?

mattrugdr

May, 25, 2013 AT 9:30 AM

I believe the code number was P0325. Don't quote me on that. Since replacing the knock sensor, the code has gone away.

Wrenchtech

May, 25, 2013 AT 10:04 AM

The first thing I would do is monitor the fuel pressure as the problem occurs and see what the pressure is doing.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma