REAR SUSPENSION STAYING DOWN

2003 BMW X5

pierrebsa

May, 2, 2008 AT 10:45 AM

Suspension problem
2003 BMW X5 Four Wheel Drive Manual

Hi there. A friend of mine as just fitted a new turbo to his bmw X5 (E53) and had it jacked up for a while when it was taken off the jacks the back end was high
so to remedy this he let some air out of the system
but before it could be tightened at the right height it went to low about two inches off the back tyres so he started it up but the suspension stayed where it was he has no idea whats wrong, he told me he's tried everything with it but to no avail it seems like it needs air pumping back in somewhere can this be done anywhere with the compressor thats located in the boot many thanks. Pete

Dr. Hagerty

May, 2, 2008 AT 1:52 PM

The air suspension on the BMW E-53 models is readable for faults with the proprietary software at the dealer. There is also a possibility of finding an independent repair facility that owns the same software as the dealer, either way, there is little you can do to fix it as it only has one user serviceable part in it and that is the relay in the pump unit, and I have never seen one fail.

pierrebsa

May, 4, 2008 AT 6:38 PM

Thankyou very much for your reply/help, much appreciated thankyou will pass this on to my friend. Pete

Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Replace Tie Rod End
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado