CAR NOT STARTING

2006 BMW X3

jropdycke

August, 21, 2010 AT 5:55 PM

2006 BMW X3 Automatic

HELP!

My bmw has been sitting for a week and a half and hasnt been started. So I went out to start it today and all the power comes on but the engine just clicks.

So I figured it just needed a jump since its been sitting for a while. But I tried to jump it and I got the same thing. All of the electronic stuff in the car works it just doesnt start. All I get is clicking.

Dr. Hagerty

August, 22, 2010 AT 10:24 AM

First of all, I strongly recommend against jump starting BMW automobiles, if the battery will not start the car, place a battery charger on it and be patient, jump starts can cause electronic issues with the modules in the car. The battery will most likely require replacement if it is as old as the car, old batteries meaning 4-5 years old and of original equipment. The clicking is from a weak battery, booster cables from the parts house do not have the current carrying capacity to handle starting, as it can take 100+ amperes.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test