LEAKING 3I8I

BMW

winblue

My 94 BMW with a sunroof been leaking under seats/carpet for a few years especially during heavy downpour & from melting snow. 2 Mechanics have spent many hours & a lot of money trying to find the source, even changed seals around sunroof & windows. Very reliable & low mileage, intends to keep for life, please help me locate the leak/s especially when all the electrical wires are where the water sits.

peppermrj

February, 16, 2006 AT 8:30 AM

No actual experience with your car or sunroof. The sunroof on my auto has drain tubing that can become clogged or pinched. Hopefully it is that simple and was just overlooked.
Good luck. Let us know what you find.

Lovescars

February, 16, 2006 AT 8:43 PM

With all the checking you've done around the sunroof maybe that's not the source of your leak. Suggest you find some tape that can be easily removed and has excellent adhereing properties.
Tape around the sunroof only when you know it's going to rain heavily if the water still comes through you know it's not the sunroff and can move on to another source like possibly the doors or back glass.

winblue

February, 17, 2006 AT 8:26 AM

Thanks so much for helping out. Will look for tapes to locate the leak. A mechanic did unclog tubes around sunroof with a coat-hanger etc. All interior carpets were pulled off by another while they shower the car with water over a 4 hours period (very expensive way to give the car a shower!). Will report back soon.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Windshield Wiper Replacement