There are two belts on the 750, I will assume that your trying to change the belt for the fan, because you called it "Fan belt" this is going to be tough, let me see if I can explain it to you
1. You will need to remove the fan and the shroud, they will come out together.
2. The fan has left hand threads, that means to loosen the fan, you will have to turn it to the right like if you are tightening it, they make a special tool to hold the water pump pulley, but I don't think you have one, so you will have to take a big screwdriver or a prybar, and hold the pulley by one of the bolts that hold the pulley on the water pump, once you have the fan lose, do not take it off yet, remove the clips that hold the shroud on to the radiator, once the shroud is loose, unscrew the fan and remove both units at the same time, so you don't damage the radiator with the fan, that will give you room to work.
3. Once you have done step 2(two) you are cruising.
4. Now you will have access to the fan belt tension, I'm trying to get to an illustration but I'm having a hard time.
5. When loosened up the tensioner, it will collapse, remove the fan belt and install the new one, once you have installed the new belt, you will need to collapse the tensioner and tighten up the bolts, keep in mind that you do not have to remove any of the bolts,
6. Then start the car up before installing the fan shroud, for a few seconds, to make sure you have the belt on their right, then reinstall the fan shroud together, trying not to damage the radiator with the fan blades.
I wish that Dr. Hagerty would help me on this one
good luck, you are going to need it.
Friday, March 13th, 2009 AT 8:02 PM