1995 BMW 740

• plantain
  • 1995 BMW 740

Engine Cooling problem
1995 BMW 740 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

fews days mt car overheated, since them I changed the water pump, radiator expansion tank termostast, hose. But a lot aire ccome every time I start the car. I bleeded all I could. But geting overheated after short runiing. Now the computer showme a new sign, I neverf see before, that said pression oil too low. Stop the engine. So I stop. Next day was very cool I start the car. No sign of oil while was cold, afyer getting hot, the sign came again. Also I chequed oil. No water, but the exaust pipe in the driver side starting to fume, like in the winter time. Any sugestion?

Friday, July 11th, 2008 AT 2:00 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

The problem might be that the coolant is getting into the combustion chambers through either a failed head gasket or through a cracked head. Do the fumes have a sweet aroma to them? This might be something to consider seeking professional assistance to resolve.

Friday, July 11th, 2008 AT 3:33 AM