MY DOESN'T START

BMW 530

ginaster

November, 29, 2007 AT 4:53 AM

Hello.

I have a BMW 530d, 2000, 265.000 km, automatic. If I go with it somewhere and I use it for 20 minutes in the traffic and then I stop it, and I let it for 15-20 - 1h period of time, it won't start. The mechanic changed: the fuel injector, the pomp of fuel, the water cooler system and it's still acting the same. I leave it everyday in other parts of the city coz it just doesn't want to start. If I leave it for 4-5 hours, then it starts, otherwise, no chance. Any idea what the problem might be? If they test it with the machine, everything is in order.

problems which occurred from time to time:
- sometimes the alarm is not working
- one of the 5 injectors works at 40%
- sometimes the key is not working at all, it doesn't open the car, is dead
- sometimes the air conditioning is not working and it heats the car instead of cooling it
- sometimes it doesn't heat it at all but only cools it

Does anyone know what the problem might be? My mechanic is confused too : -(

Thank you,
Gina

Dr. Hagerty

December, 3, 2007 AT 4:02 PM

Gina, send me the vehicle identification number and we will try to help. Please know that I am in the U.S.A. And we do not get the diesel cars on this side of the pond.

ginaster

December, 4, 2007 AT 2:54 AM

Hello again. I didn't know anyone would answer. The VIN is: GX42968.

Tnx.

Dr. Hagerty

December, 4, 2007 AT 10:50 AM

The only thing I might add is from my diesel experience with big trucks as I have never worked on BMW diesels is there may be a fuel contamination issue or the fuel is not rated at what the manufacturer requests. Is the fuel return blocked? Do you get excessive smoke when it does start? There may also be an electrical gremlin in there somewhere. Are you dealing with a BMW diesel mechanic who is factory schooled? I really do wish I could be more help to you, sorry.

cognito

March, 12, 2008 AT 10:46 PM

I would confirm your engine oil viscosity and do a compression check. Also check for excessive crankcase pressure" blow by".

andyrose

February, 6, 2009 AT 3:19 PM

I had the same problem with it not starting, was told the, injector pump etc, it was in fact the cam censor, 75 fitted it myself. When this censor does not work properly it gives the wrong reading and does not let fuel to the pump. Hope this helps. Please let me know
andy

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe