• Tiny
  • jenglemn
  • 1999 BMW 528

Engine Mechanical problem
1999 BMW 528 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

: Can anyone tell me where the vacuum line right on top of the fuel rail connects to under or around the bottom of the intake manifold. I was changing my cover breather hose and knocked it off and cannot tell where it goes. The line runs on top of the fuel rail and has a section that is metal pipe with rubber hose going back to the rear of the motor and from the front to under the Intake. It smells like fuel so maybe it is a return line if some sort. Thanks

Thursday, March 19th, 2009 AT 11:20 AM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • Dr. Hagerty
  • Expert
  • 9,710 posts

That is the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator and there is a nipple that it plugs into and it is on the intake manifold next to the throttle body facing downwards. I know the line you are talking about, I knocked one off due to a cracked hose and I had to remove the throttle body to replace it. It is not that difficult, just time consuming.

Was this
Thursday, March 19th, 2009 AT 11:59 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions