1999 BMW 520 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles
Hope somebody can point me in a direction with this problem. Symptoms are:
- airbag red warninglight, bottom right of dash permanently on since buying it july2008.
- since june 2009 following symptoms:
- abs and danger warning light permanently stayed on.
- speedometer intermittently goes on and off - when off, cruise control doesn't work.
- twice the car got absolutely no power when trying to start. Lock/unlock didn't even work. Battery checked twice by ANWB (dutch AAA). They measured battery twice, it is fine. After jump start it works fine again. Until the next power outage.
- car stalls about 2 times everytime I drive in city traffic, always in 2nd or first gear when driving slow or stopping for a traffic light.
- oct 2009 had battery read: when idle, voltvalue is 14, when car is turned off, reading drops gradually to 12.2.
Pls let me know if you have a suggestion what it is. BMW garage here charges 100bucks just for making an evaluation appointment, thats why i'm trying like on this forum.
pls mail me at QRT85@hotmail. Com. Thx for your input,
Quentin @ Amsterdam
The airbag issue could possibly be just a wiring issue in the passenger seat belt buckle. The DSC issue is most likely the DSC control module which also sends the road speed signal to the instrument cluster, it may require replacement and to be coded to the car. The no start issue could be the BST or battery safety terminal which is a pyrotechnic device that is there to disconnect the battery in the event of a collision, and it is possible they are all related. I cannot tell from cyberspace. I suggest finding an independent BMW technician that can help you out.