BMW TAIL LIGHT PROBLEM

• carmine
  • BMW 330

Hello!

I have a 2001 BMW 330i with 105,000 miles with a 6 cyl engine.

The rear tail and brakes lights are no longer working. At first the brake lights stopped working one by one. Now no tail lights work at all except the license plate and truck lights.

I have checked the fuses and bulbs themselves and they appear fine. Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Carmine

Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 AT 1:55 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

Remove the connectors at the rear light assemblies and inspect for corrosion and melted plastic at the connectors and the tail light assemblies

Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 AT 10:19 PM
  • ajitverma

We had similar problem with the 2003 model and
had to replace the lighting control module.

Sunday, October 12th, 2008 AT 10:44 PM
  • jimbow

I had a similar problem but with just one taillight. After several trips to the dealer who replaced the bulb each time which subsequently went out again after a few days, I took it to a local repair shop and he identified a loose ground wire. Without going through to entire electrical system to fine the loose wire, he just added a ground wire and the lights have been fine now for 3 years.

Wednesday, October 29th, 2008 AT 1:49 PM