There is a bulletin about the rear shock absorber.
Suspension - Rear Shock Absorber Rattling Noise
This Service Information bulletin supersedes Service Measure B33 200 04 dated June 2004.
Rear Shock Absorber Mount Rattling Noise
Rattling noise is heard coming from the rear of the vehicle when driving over rough roads or bumps.
Slight and limited motions between the rear shock absorber mount (support bearing/guide support) and the body.
Repair as follows
Add new washer gasket. An additional washer gasket has been installed since December 2003.
1. Remove the shock absorber mount self-locking nuts (M8, quantity 2).
2. Remove the washer gasket (paper) and install two new washer gaskets (part number 33 52 1 128 734).
3. Install (hand tight) new M8 self-locking nuts (part number 31 33 1 092 887).
4. Align the shock absorber with the hole in the body and ensure uniform gap.
5. Torque the M8 self-locking nuts to either 28 Nm (E46) or 24 Nm (E85).
6. Install new sealing plate (part number 33 52 6 751 403).
7. Refer to EPC Group 33 Rear Spring Strut Mounting Parts and Repair Instructions 33 52 000 for additional information.
Wednesday, June 11th, 2008 AT 2:51 PM