2004 BMW 325 Scheduled Maintenance

• 2004 BMW 325

2004 BMW 325 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 62,124 miles

What is the typical maintenence schedule for a 325 ci BMW. I know that it need service somewhere around every 15k miles. I want to know what type of services need to be done?

Friday, December 5th, 2008 AT 10:12 AM

The 60k service should include changing the engine oil and filter, inspecting and/or replacement of the cabin filter and intake filter, checking faults set in memory, checking the operation of the lights and horn and wipers etc, checking the brakes, visually inspecting the vehicle for any possible safety or structural issues, and in my opinion replacement of the differential and transmission fluids and if it is an automatic transmission then replacement of the transmission filter too. If the cooling system has not received a flush then flushing the cooling system and the brake fluid should be flushed too. Lubrication of door hinges and strikers, silicone spray on all the door and trunk seals, checking the condition of the tires and the condition of the rubber components in the suspension. Load testing the battery and testing the output of the charging system. Inspecting for oil leaks from the engine and power steering and transmission and differential. Checking the heating and air conditioning systems. That is the bulk of an inspection II service, there is also the "laying on of the hands" that I do that actually requires me to drive the car. I hope this gives you what you need to know to get the most from your BMW

Friday, December 5th, 2008 AT 12:22 PM