Join Date: Nov 2005
Mein auto: 335 vert//M3/4//M3 vert
View My Garage
Try these instructions and they should help resync the motors with the top operation.
This is the procedure I got from Alldata (cut and paste but no pics, sorry).
INITIALIZING EM CONVERTIBLE TOP AFTER EMERGENCY RELEASE (CONVERTIBLE TOP UNLOCKED) : Connecting up drives : * Both drive units are unlocked and access in trunk is not possible (electrical forced locking of trunk lid).
* Open side windows.
* Turn central handle and raise convertible top over dead center point, microswitch (S4) cuts in (convertible top not overstretched).
* Raise clamping bracket into upright position.
* Open convertible top cover manually and store in convertible top box - micro-switch (S3) cuts in (convertible top stowed away).
* Close convertible top lid (closing brackets must locate locks on left and right sides).
* Have second man press down convertible top lid in center (1) and right side (2) until microswitch (S6) (electronic forced locking of trunk lid) engages and trunk lid (3) can be opened.
Caution ! Convertible top lid and trunk lid must not make contact with each other when opening (risk of damage).
Installation : * Before engaging the drive units, push unlocking lever fully back (Bowden cables fully retracted). If necessary raise the seat.
* Remove left luggage compartment trim.
* Push motor (A) for convertible top drive upwards, engage and allow to locate.
NOTE : In tooth-to-tooth setting (motor cannot be engaged), press down convertible top gently and engage motor.
* Pull motor (B) for convertible top lid drive inwards, engage and allow to locate.
NOTE : In tooth-to-tooth setting (motor cannot be engaged), press down convertible top lid gently and engage motor.
* Close luggage compartment lid.
Initialization without diagnosis : Prerequisite : * Convertible top stowed in convertible top box and drive units connected up.
* Turn ignition lock into '0" setting.
* Move convertible top switch into " open" position and hold down.
* Turn ignition lock into " R" (radio setting) setting.
* After approx. 10 seconds, the convertible top lid starts to close.
* Convertible top switch can now be released and initialization procedure runs. Initialization is completed approx. 0.5 seconds after the convertible top lid has finished closing.
NOTE : The initialization sequence can only be interrupted by turning the ignition lock into setting " 0".
* Now completely close the convertible top (perform function check).
Initialization with diagnosis : Prerequisite : * Convertible top stowed in convertible top box and drive units connected up.
Initialization, refer to BMW diagnosis system.
Emergency actuation of convertible top : * Open side windows and left door.
* Push left front seat forwards and fold down.
NOTE : No-one must be sitting on the rear seat at this time.
* The release lever is located at the left under the rear bench seat in position (1) (rest position). If necessary, lift up rear bench seat.
* Pull release lever forwards with grip into position (2) until both drive units disengage audibly.
* After being released, the release lever returns to position (3).
Caution ! When drive units are disconnected, only drive with convertible top closed (it is then not possible to lock the convertible top lid).
The convertible top lid and convertible top can now move freely.
Installation : * Before engaging the drive units, slide release lever full back into position (1) (engagement not otherwise possible) and allow bench seat to reengage.