TRANSMISSION PROBLEM1994 BMW 325 6 CYL TWO ...

1994 BMW 325

irishlady317

November, 30, 2008 AT 12:07 PM

1994 BMW 325 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 177, 00 miles

I am a single mom in need of a car so I went and purchased a car at an auction, it seems to run great but I drove it to work yesterday and had a liitle problem, it seem to act like it needs transmission fluid, I looked in manual to find cap (as I have only ever owned us made cars before_ anyway, I found it but I cant get the cap off, it seems to be stuck, can you provide me with anyhelp

Dr. Hagerty

November, 30, 2008 AT 12:20 PM

If there is a filler at the back side of the motor for the transmission, it will have a black cap on it and if you bend the top to the side whilst pulling up, the dip stick should come out and you can then top off the fluid. The correct procedure to top off the fluid is to have the engine running and the transmission should be warm (between 30 and 50 degrees C) in neutral with the car sitting on a level area. That transmission uses Dexron type fluid and you might have to get a small funnel to pour it in as the tube is small.