1990 BMW 325 Air conditioner gets hot while sitting in traf

• 1 POST
  • 1990 BMW 325

Air Conditioning problem
1990 BMW 325 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

I live in Las Vegas, NV and it gets very hot here in the summer. Temps can easily reach 115 or more. The problem that I am having is that while I am driving down the freeway or surface streets, the air conditioner blows ICE cold but shortly after coming to a stop because of traffic or a stop light, it quickly heats up. I assumed that maybe I had an over-heating issue but the temp gage sits just a little past the normal spot (roughly in the middle). I have gone through the cooling system because of over-heating issues in the past like ( new radiator, fan clutch, hoses, coolant, and aux. Fan works just fine) I have not taken it to a machanic as of yet because I dont want to replace the whole cooling system or spend a fortune looking for what is really a simple part to replace. I hope that you can answer this issues and thank you for your time.

Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 4:34 PM

If the auxiliary fan is not working the A/C wont either. It's the fan in front of the radiator. The current limiting resistor does fail and its p/n is 64-12-1-388-069. You may need to seek professional help for this repair. If you feel confident enough to attempt the repair, go to Amazon. Com and order a Robert Bentley repair manual for your model BMW.

Tuesday, April 29th, 2008 AT 8:10 PM