REVERSE PROBLEM

• rayr
  • BMW 323

Hi,
my 1999 bmw 323i automatic 240000kms 2.5l refuses to go reverse, when I put it in reverse it is like it is in neutral position. It happened a couple weeks ago and was fine the next day but have the same problem again today on and off 3 times. Can you please tell me what to do is there any things like electrical fuse or something I shold check
thanks in advance and will mail a donation by mail if I can have an address to mail to.

Friday, October 26th, 2007 AT 12:42 AM

• Dr. Hagerty

There is something internally wrong on those transmissions. Replacement is the only option I know of

Monday, October 29th, 2007 AT 10:20 AM
  • ROSSBY

WHILE DRIVING OVER A SPEED BUMP IN MY APARTMENT COMPLEX I CAME DOWN REALY HARD ON THE TOP OF ONE OF THE SPEED BUMPS. AS I WAS LEAVING LATER THAT DAY I PLACE THE CAR IN REVERSE, HEARD A LOUD NOISE AND COULD NOT MOVE IN REVERSE. I AM STILL ABLE TO DRIVE JUST NOT IN THE REVERSE MODE WHAT CUOLD IT BE?

Monday, November 26th, 2007 AT 4:07 PM
  • Dr. Hagerty

This will require a technician to inspect and advise. I am in cyberspace and can only imagine what happened.

Monday, November 26th, 2007 AT 7:08 PM