NO POWER

2000 BMW 323

davet01

April, 20, 2009 AT 5:04 PM

2000 BMW 323 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

After not driving my car for about a week I tried to start it. The electrical is completly dead. I tried to jump start it but it is completly dead. I just installed a new battery about two months ago. Nothing electrical works. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it, nothing - it's completly dead.

atkaparking

April, 30, 2009 AT 6:59 PM

It's possible you've developed a draw on the system. However, I'd have the battery trickle charged and tested, including individual cell tests if possible, at the place of purchase. All batteries are not created equal. The only one I've found that conistently lasts longer than other brands is Interstate. And no, I'm not a battery salesman. I worked in AZ for ten years and the heat kills lesser batteries.

Dr. Hagerty

May, 1, 2009 AT 12:04 AM

There is a device called the final stage the controls the fan for the HVAC system often causes this symptom and can be diagnosed as a failed unit by the presence of voltage at metal heat sink, or by heat from a unit that has been in the " off" state, or if the heat sink is comprised of tapered rods instead of a clustered wire configuration. The part number is 64-11-6-920-365 and can be viewed in an exploded view at Realoem. Com and I believe it costs $83.70 plus s/h & tax.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe