2000 BMW 323 Dash lights

COWGIRLV
  • 2000 BMW 323
I have 2 lights coming on in my car - sporadically - started about 1-2 months ago:

Oil light - it is yellow
Coolant - it is yellow

The oil light comes on for about 10-15 sec when I start up the car. It will then go off. I had the level checked when it started, but the level was fine - it was right at the max line. I just had the oil changed about 2 weeks ago - it did not make a difference.

The coolant light also started coming on around the same time. This light only comes on after I have been driving awhile. It will go on and off.

The temperature gauge shows normal (right in the middle) at all times.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 1:57 PM

COWGIRLV
The coolant level has been checked as well - but it is fine.

One other thing:
My power steering fluid level has been dropping. It has been filled up twice in the past 3 months or so. There is no leak on my garage floor. When I had my oil changed, they were looking for a leak, but nothing was happening.

Thanks.
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 2:02 PM
HAGERTP
The oil level sensor is commanding the light on. Replacement is not needed but I can see where this could be very irritating. The P/S is seeping fluid and you say they cant find it, the P/S hoses are likely to need closer inspection by someone who knows BMW. The coolant level warning is possibly a faulty sensor, if the level is ok and there are no leaks then I would not worry too much.
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 3:09 PM
COWGIRLV
Cute cat!

I'll have it checked out!
Thursday, November 13th, 2008 AT 3:21 PM

Sponsored links