1980 BMW 2002 REMOTE KEY NOT WORKING HOW I ...

1980 BMW 2002

ezzaddin

June, 9, 2009 AT 3:59 AM

1980 BMW 2002

remote key not working how I can program it

Dr. Hagerty

June, 9, 2009 AT 8:44 AM

What is the model and year of the car? 1980 did not have programmable keys nor was a 2002 model in production.

ezzaddin

June, 11, 2009 AT 1:56 AM

The car is X5 model 2002

Dr. Hagerty

June, 11, 2009 AT 8:13 AM

The key(s) will require reinitialization. Go to the car, open the drivers door and get in. Shut the door. Put the key in the ignition and turn it on, then take it out and then hold the unlock button and while holding the unlock button push the lock button 3 times, then release both buttons. Then what should happen is that all the doors will lock and then unlock. If there is another key(s) then do the same process of holding the unlock button and pressing the lock button 3x. Do not open the doors or insert the 2nd key in the ignition for the procedure, just press the buttons on the subsequent keys (up to 4 keys) When you open the door or start the car, the initialization session is then over. The dealer charges for this operation, can we count on you for a reasonable donation today?

Dr. Hagerty

October, 21, 2012 AT 6:09 AM

I guess no is the answer

GM Key Fob Programming
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Switch Replacement and Test