I have gone thru 12 head lamps that blow almost instantlyupon turning them on. I have removed head lamp assemblies to see no obvious problems even checked some wiring to check voltage I was wondering about dimmer switch I head light assembly had lots of moisture I have fixed the break but havent tried it yet bulbs are$$$ for me im single father and money doesnt exist thankyou
Two things will burn out bulbs in rapid succession. Start by measuring the battery voltage while the engine is running. It must be between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is high the voltage regulator is defective. Water condensed in the headlamp housings will splash onto the bulbs and crack them. Very often there is a service bulletin about drilling small drain holes in the bottom to let water run out.