Timeline of Events:
1. Fan Stopped Working. Heat is present, just no blower (At all speeds).
2. Checked fuses, resistor, and relay. ALL 100% Functional. (Checked with good fuses, for resistor used a meter).
3. Checked switch. Which I broke during removal, so I replaced with a new one.
4. WORKED immediately with a new switch! I was happy and proud that I fixed the problem.
5. 3 Days of a warm Jeep. Suddenly NO fan again. Nothing.
6. Cold Jeep
7. Took it to local garage. Good Guys. They checked everything I did. Saying "Better off at the dealer". Could be the Blower Motor they say.
8. Called for estimate from Dealership. $526.00 Bux.
No. Recession, Man.
9. Typing here now. Hoping someone has some help or any ideas. Is it a blower motor, even though it worked fine a week ago? OR why are the switches failing?
I have replaced an exhaust manifold on this Jeep, and that is the extent of my ability to do things myself other than routine maintenance. Is this something I would want to do myself?
But first off, what is going on here?
Wednesday, December 30th, 2020 AT 11:35 AM